Vacancy for the position of “typist for German language”
in the Secretariat of the Danube Commission (Budapest)
The Danube Commission announces a vacancy for the position of “typist for German language” in the Secretariat of the Danube Commission, description of the responsibilities for which is contained in the annex.
The selection procedure will be held in March 2019. It includes an oral test (conversation on professional issues in German), a written test (correction of the German text, printout of audio recordings of the session and working groups meetings of the Danube Commission) and a practical test to assess a candidate’s level of computer skills.
It is envisaged that a candidate will be employed by the Secretariat of the Danube Commission on the basis of an indefinite-term employment contract, concluded in accordance with the Regulations on the rights and obligations of the employees of the Secretariat of the Danube Commission, taking into account the provisions of the Hungarian labor law. In pursuant of the Regulation, when concluding the employment contract, a probationary period of not more than three months from the date of commencement of the employment relationship may be applied.
Required qualifications and work experience:
Completed secondary education. Typing Course Certificate.
Extensive typing experience in German.
Fluency in German is required. Knowledge of other official Danube Commission’s languages (French, Russian) is desirable. Knowledge of English is an advantage.
Candidates should be aware that employees of the Secretariat of the Danube Commission are citizens of different countries, and for this reason, the workplace requires the ability to work as a team in an international environment.
High school diploma.
Typing Course Certificate.
Information about a candidate, including a motivation letter, a detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of documents certifying qualifications of a candidate, should be sent no later than 1st March 2019 to the Director-General of the Secretariat of the Danube Commission Mr. Petar Margic (firstname.lastname@example.org).
“2.9 TYPIST FOR GERMAN LANGUAGE
– Works under the direct supervision of the Counsellor for Publications and Public Relations. Under the supervision of the proofreader for German language performs operational work related to typing and distribution of materials.
– Types (including from the voice recorder), proofreads and corrects the Commission’s materials.
– Provides reproduction of materials and prepares them for distribution.
– Performs other tasks related to the activities of the Secretariat of the Danube Commission, as well as handles assignments by the Counsellor for Publications and Public Relations.
Qualifications and experience
– Completed secondary education. Typing Course Certificate.
– Extensive typing experience in German.
– Computer skills.
– Fluency in German is required. Knowledge of other official Commission’s languages is desirable.“