On 11-12 September 2019 the 10th Workshop on the follow-up of the Joint Statement on Guiding Principles on the Development of Inland Navigation and Environmental Protection in the Danube River Basin will take place at the Danube Commission in Budapest. A large number of representatives of the European Commission, national, transport, environmental, project team representatives, water management authorities and NGO’s are expected to participate in the meeting.
The Danube Commission, together with the Sava River Basin Commission and the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River supported by the European Commission, national authorities and NGOs are joining their efforts on the protection of the riverine environment and improvement of the sustainable development of inland navigation in the Danube River Basin. For these purposes, annual follow-up meetings of the Joint Statement are constantly organized.
The objectives of the meeting are to:
- inform about progress on the implementation of the Joint Statement on Guiding Principles on the Development of Inland Navigation and Environmental Protection in the Danube River Basin;
- Discuss challenges and solutions in relation to the practical application of the integrated planning approach and lessons learnt;
- Inform and discuss new facts and perspectives of European inland waterway transport, including the EU Strategy for Danube Region;
- Ensure regular information exchange and presentation of new initiatives;
- Discuss adaptation of future Joint Statement related activities.