The Danube Commission (DC), an international organization based in Budapest, is announcing a vacancy for the position of Expert in financial management and third party budgets.
The selection process will take place at the end of February 2023.
– Contribution, under the supervision of the Deputy Director-General for Administrative and Financial Affairs, to the development and execution of the annual budget (regular budget, reserve fund and third party budgets based on contractual obligations of the Danube Commission to the European Commission).
– Financial management within the framework of the implementation of EU-funded projects in accordance with the special programme regulations (financial reports, preparation of external audit, cooperation with programme boards and their technical secretariats, etc.).
– Support for the preparation of funding applications for EU-funded projects in the field of project calculation and in the fields of financial project management.
– Maintenance of the general ledger and execution of daily accounting entries; analysis and control of accounting data and data on payroll calculations.
– Contribution to the development and documentation of organizational processes to improve the profitability of internal management and to strengthen internal control.
– Other tasks.
- Advanced university degree (at least Master’s degree) in economics and finance.
- Citizenship of a Danube state.
- Knowledge of one of the official languages of the Danube Commission is mandatory. Knowledge of other official languages, as well as of the language of the country where the Commission is headquartered and of English is desirable.
- Work experience as a Chief or Deputy Chief Accountant, Head or Deputy Head of Accounting Department and Financial Management.
- Experience in the financial project management, preferably within EU programmes.
- Analytical skills, as well as strong skills in mathematical calculations and electronic data processing.
We offer you:
- Employment contract for an indefinite period;
- Work in international team;
- Official salary 3.158 Euro per month;
- Additional incentives set out in the relevant DC Regulations.
Information about the candidate, including a letter of motivation, detailed CV, copies of documents confirming the candidate’s qualification, should be sent by e-mail
no later than 23rd February 2023
to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.