JOB OFFER Expert in economic analysis and statistics in the Secretariat of the Danube Commission (BUDAPEST)
The Danube Commission (DC), an international organization based in Budapest, is announcing a vacancy for the position of Expert in economic analysis and statistics.
The selection process will take place at the end of March 2023.
- Contribution, under the supervision of the Chief Engineer, to the organization, development, planning and implementation of the collection, assessment, analysis, compilation and dissemination of economic and statistical data on Danube navigation, insofar as it concerns matters falling within the competence of the Commission.
- Contribution to the development, maintenance and improvement of statistical data banks.
- Participation, in the framework of the working groups and expert meetings, in the development or revision of recommendations on statistical concepts, definitions of terms and classifications, contributing to the drafting of relevant reports.
- Drafting documents in the field of economics and statistics of navigation as well as economic conditions of transport on inland waterways. Preparation for publication of statistical yearbooks and compendiums.
- Preparation and participation as a technical expert in working groups, expert meetings, hearings and workshops.
- Participation in meetings of international organizations and in transnational coordination projects, including in the context of European Union programmes, within the limits of competence.
- Other tasks.
- University degree. Diploma attesting completion of postgraduate studies, preferably in the field of statistics, mathematics or economics, or equivalent vocational training if justified by service interests.
- At least five years of professional experience in the collection, compilation, analysis and dissemination of statistics or in the related fields.
- Strong knowledge of inland navigation and inland waterway transport as well as the international institutions governing the latter.
- Excellent skills in analysis, organisation, communication and document drafting (reports, analyses, recommendations); excellent ability to integrate into an international team.
- Good command of one of the Commission’s official languages as well as good written and spoken communication skills in English are required.
We offer you:
- Employment contract duration: 4 years 6 months;
- Date of employment: as soon as possible;
- Work in international team;
- Official salary 2717 Euro per month;
- Additional incentives set out in the relevant DC Regulations.
Information about the candidate, including a letter of motivation, detailed CV, copies of documents confirming the candidate’s qualification, should be sent by e-mail
no later than 20 March 2023
to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.