The 13th Follow-up Meeting of the Joint Statement on Guiding Principles for the Development of Inland Navigation and Environmental Protection in the Danube Region, will take place on 14 and 15 September 2022 in Budapest. The meeting is hosted by the Danube Commission at its headquarters and is held in a hybrid format.
The Danube Commission, together with the Sava River Basin Commission and the International Commission for the Protection of the Danube River supported by the European Commission, and also national authorities and NGOs are joining their efforts on the protection of the riverine environment and improvement of the sustainable development of inland navigation in the Danube River Basin. The reunion is part of the annual follow-up meetings of the Joint Statement which are constantly organized by the three organizations.
- András Tóth – Technical guidance on the climate proofing of infrastructure in the period 2021-2027
- Csaba Bede, Anita Reichardt – Improvement of the Danube in Hungary – CEF-Study Section Szob – Southern border
- Duska Kunstek, Lana Deraković Rakas – Application of EU standards in ecological water engineering case study from Croatia
- Helmut Habersack – Current status and future requirements in education and training of engineers
- Ivan Mitrovic, Veljko Kovacevic – Upgrade of the Iron Gate I and Iron Gate II Navigation Locks
- Jan Brooke – Perspectives for enhancing navigation and environmental protection in the scope of climate change
- Jeanne Boughaba – EU environmental policies and latest developments relevant for waterways
- Johan Magnusson – EUSDR Action Plan and its impact on PA1a cohesion policy 2021-2027
- Lidija Hubalek, Ivan Mitrovic – Border Section Croatia-Serbia CEF Study, Preparing FAIRway 2 works in the Rhine Danube Corridor
- Manfred Seitz -Implementation issues of the JS & advisory services
- Marc Daniel Heintz – Fit for climate change – experience from the River Rhine & measures identified
- Susanne Bachl – Waterway Monitoring System WAMOS 2.0 – a joint endeavour towards harmonised Danube waterway data
- Victoria Weissenburger – EUSDR PA1a: Update on the Fairway Rehabilitation and Maintenance Master Plan (FRMMP) for the Danube and its navigable tributaries
- Press release of the Danube Commission: Danube Commission hosts 13th Joint Statement Meeting (14-15 September 2022)